Aging Disgracefully

On getting older and not being particularly happy about it. A pitiful attempt to pass on to the next generation pearls of wisdom on getting older, the humor of aging, fitness, recreation, friends, family and pets. How to survive changing technology, mental and phyiscal deterioration and hair loss.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

WWF Finds 52 new species in Borneo!

Did anyone else see this headline. Was anyone else dumb enough to wonder "what in the hell is World Wrestling Federation doing in Borneo?" Let alone why is Hulk Hogan digging around in the bat crap looking for new kinds of animals. I'll bet a lot of my uh, mountain reared kinfolk were on the same wavelength.
I guess this is going to be another gripe session. I am fed up with all these initials being used to express things. It is very confusing for morons such as myself, and can cause quite a scare sometimes. I'm envisioning all these steroid abused specimans out in the wilds of Borneo. Picture Hulk Hogan holding some poor delicate little critter between his fingers in the jungle and Hogan says, "Hey look I got another that makes 53 new species." Then a squishing sound and he says, "Uh, make that 52 new species."
I'll bet I spend several waking hours every day trying to decipher initialized communications.
LOL, LMAO or WMD. The first time I saw WMD it had Bush's name throughout and I started thinking it stood for something like "Dubya flogs the dolphin every 24 hours." If you get my drift. Come to think of it, I wish it did mean that, so he couldn't cause so much damage.
Of course, I should know by now that with news papers, particularly rags like our "Newsless Herald" eventually print the whole name. Sometimes they don't, especially when the figure anyone with an IQ over 30 could figure it out. In which case about 50% of the readership is left in the dark. I did eventually discover, buried somewhere in the article that WWF stood for the World Wildlife Fund. Whew, what a relief, I was worried that a new world order was on the horizon.
Well, gotta run.
SYITFP
You figure it out.

Love
Dad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home